Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Mexico, Beautiful Mexico

I have been missing for awhile and that is because I just had a long weekend in Mexico.   I went to Playa Del Carmen with five of my friends from college and I am still trying to overcome the buzzkill of returning home from such a beautiful place.  We travelled all day Thursday and Monday and enjoyed the three days in between at an all inclusive resort on the beach where we drank excessive glasses of slushy drinks and weak, warm beer and hours of hilarity as we relived story after story.  It has been a long few days since I returned home at 10:00 p.m. on Monday and Justin left for a three day work trip at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday.  It is hard to return to a life of all babies all the time after having a few days of feeling like my old self again but it is nice to be home too.  I don't think Tessa forgot me so that is good!  She was never far from my mind either, since I had to pump several times each day.  Apparently Ben just thought "Mama shopping!" the whole time, which is what he says whenever I am gone from the house without him.  
 
 
Here are some pictures.  We all agreed to be judicious with the posting of swimming suit photos! 
 

 
Check out that clear, clean water!  I have been to Playa del Carmen before and the white sand was as fascinating as it was the first time!

 
We heard that this area had monkeys and on our first morning I stepped outside to pump on the balcony (it was on the third floor out of three and surrounded by jungle) and I saw a monkey in the trees about twenty feet away.  I called my friends out to see and soon that monkey and two others were hanging out on our balcony!  They seemed friendly enough but it was a bit creepy!



 
There was a toucan habitat on the premises. 

 
On our third afternoon, around 4:00 in the afternoon it became overcast and a bit drizzly so we got ready for dinner early and then spent two hours playing a drinking card game in the lobby.




 
There were a few peacocks roaming around the resort and we saw this one perched on someone's first floor patio!

 
This parrot and another hung out in the lobby.

 
The hotel was made of a large lobby and main area with restaurants and sitting areas and the rooms were in small units around a large courtyard.  This was our building. 


Here is the peacock strolling around the lobby the night it was raining. 

Aahhh...fun times. I hope we will do it again and again.  I almost didn't go but it was very much worth it.  I love Mexico, even though every time I am there I feel like I don't belong there with my white skin that always ends up with some stupid, blotchy sunburn streaks regardless of how much sunblock I use.  I will keep on going back anyway!

Also, big news from today...this evening Tessa was being really fussy and I realized that she is getting her first tooth!  She is growing up so fast!

No comments: