Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Here We Go!

Before I start, I have to say that I was reading over my post from yesterday and I left out a word in a sentence that made it sound like "at least I let Ben" watch SpongeBob on TV.  I meant to say at least I DON'T play that show for him since it is obviously meant for older kids and I don't even know what channel it is on.  Haha.  I prefer the docile, dull PBS for our kids programming needs. 
 
Well anyway, yesterday feels like a world away after my appointment this afternoon.  The doctor confirmed that the baby is head down and engaged in the pelvis and I have dilated 3 cm and am quite effaced.  (If you are a man or have no idea what I am talking about you can look it up.  I won't go into the dirty details.  Talking about this stuff is second nature after three years spent pregnant or nursing, minus that fabulous four month break I had between November and February of last year!)  The doctor feels as though I am on the brink of labor and based on how fast I progressed during my induction with Ben she gave me the option to have the baby this weekend.  So, unless the labor and delivery floor gets too busy I will bet induced on Friday!  She also did a quick procedure that can start labor in women who are already close to labor and said "maybe I'll see you tomorrow!" but who knows...it didn't work when I had it done with my last pregnancy but I wasn't as dilated either so who knows. 
 
I am ready for this.  I am so sore and stiff in my back and pelvis and I hardly sleep at night.  I know the sleeping situation will not be improving but at least I will be able to pass out when I get the chance instead of rolling back and forth like a whale and having to pee every time I move. 
 
As this has started to sink in I have been feeling emotional about saying goodbye to Ben before going to the hospital and worrying about the transition for him.  As much as we have been annoying each other the last few weeks he seems extra precious all of a sudden.  I just spent a few minutes looking back at old pictures of him.  Here is one of my favorites.  Justin sent it to me when I went to Vegas when he was four months old with the caption, "Are you coming home soon Mommy?" and I just melted.
 

I think I looked at it every hour for the rest of the trip!

 
Lately he loves to throw all the pillows he can find on the floor and then roughhouse in them endlessly.  He loves being buried in pillows and also loves dragging his stuffed animals into it. 

 
Sometimes he drags his quilts from his bed out and makes little pillow nests with his animals. 

 
And he is so cute when he takes naps or goes to bed for the night.  He likes to take "reading material" such as a book or tractor magazine and before we know it he is sleeping!  Such a good boy...I know he will be a good brother but it's still kind of sad to see his days as our only baby end. 
 
 
Allan says, "Oh big deal...no one worried about me when I became a brother!"
 

No comments: