Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

That day has arrived once again.  It's always been a favorite holiday of mine even though it doesn't have the extravagance of Christmas.  It meant a long weekend, getting out the Christmas decorations, and seeing my cousins.  I am feeling especially nostalgic this year for some reason for the years of Thanksgivings spent making Christmas ornaments and other crafts and playing outside in the snow with the cousins on my Dad's side or visiting my cousins on my mom's side and acting silly all day (and through dinner!) and going Black Friday shopping the next day (never the 4 a.m. kind...just general shopping!).  It has been awhile since I have had a Thanksgiving like this and I know those days will never return.  It makes me wonder what the holiday will be like in five years or ten...

Sooo...the popular thing to do on Facebook this month has been to say something you are thankful for every day.  I have not participated because I generally avoid over the top sentiments.  Obviously I'm thankful for my family, my healthy child, my home, having food on the table, etc...

Here is my fun list!

-I'm glad that no one in our house has been injured while stepping over a baby gate.  I have come close...

-I'm relieved that Ben hasn't ruined any of my expensive electronics (computer, camera, ipad, phone).  He really wants to get his hands on these items in the worst way and a person can only be so vigilant...I fear it's only a matter of time...

-I'm thankful that I am, as of this week, no longer wearing any garment from Motherhood Maternity for the first time in over a year...what this means is...NO MORE NURSING BRAS!

-I am very excited to get home to my parents' house tonight because they got a hot tub!  Whenever the weather is cold and I am tired I often wish I had access to a hot tub (or jacuzzi or spa or whatever you call it) and once it was a luxury only available at hotels or during ski vacations.  It's like a dream come true!  I have always been wary of hot tubs at people's houses because of the necessity to keep it chemically treated and clean and I have seen some gross ones but don't worry!  If I am on the scene that tub is going to be perfectly balanced!  I know a thing or two about maintaining a pool after being a lifeguard for so many years. 

-I'm really thankful for the YMCA drop in child care.  After some hesitation, I have decided that the extra money is soooo worth it. 

Well, I have to go...guess who is yelling and lunging at the keyboard and yanking on the computer screen?  No...not Allan...

Here a few quick pictures of Ben with his Great Grandma Irene last weekend.  I wish we could see her more often.  She loves seeing Ben. 



 
"Hunting" with Daddy! 

No comments: