Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Football Season!

I didn't mention this in my last post because I was too busy announcing my pregnancy, but last weekend was the first Bison football game of the year!  It was a home game, so that meant tailgating!  Last year we had an extra long season due to playoff action so it seems like the time since the last game flew by!  It was in mid-december!  I don't have any good pictures from tailgating because it was SO windy and my hair looked so bad that I didn't even want to take the camera out.  Next time...I promise! 

Tailgating was still fun without the beer, although I will admit I longed for one!  O'Douls doesn't really cut it!  There were lots of people around to talk to so I had a great time catching up with people and socializing.  And, of course, the game was fun because it was a huge blowout. 

After the game, Justin and I went to our favorite post-game bars where everyone was very glad to have a sober person in the group to get behind the wheel.  Also, I was surprised to see some members of the football team enjoying a few drinks after the game!  Save the negative thoughts...when I told my co-workers about it they all immediately thought the worst and assumed they were wasted, rowdy, and wanting to start fights.  It was the opposite actually.  There were about 10 players and they all seemed to be of age and they sat around the bar and had a few drinks and were friendly and smiling with everyone.  And holy crap...those guys are huge in person.  It's not the height that gets to me...I have many male family members that are tall like that...it is the massive necks and huge arms and shoulders...raaarrrrr....I couldn't stop staring!  Haha...and I know they were all checking out the 28 year old married woman with a bulging abdomen whose hair looked like a rats nest from being in 40 mph wind all afternoon.  I tell you I was fighting off attention all night....hahaha.  There were two guys with surfer hair that looked like this guy except they had bigger necks and arms...he is one of the main characters on the TV show "Sons of Anarchy"....


I wonder if they will show up there after next weekend's game...and the NFL starts tomorrow!  Uh OH!!!


No comments: