Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-11

Everyone knows what today is...9-11...what was, until 10 years ago, just another day.  I believe I had an extensive account of exactly where I was and what I was doing when I found out on here last year so I won't go into alot of detail again...the short version is that I was in my dorm room during my third week of college and I went next door to walk to our 8:00 am class with my next door neigbhor and saw it on their TV and I went back to my room to wake up my sleeping roommate.  Then I went to class (Fitness and Wellness) which met in the NDSU library that day for some silly computer lab activity dealing with alcohol abuse habits and when the class had ended the first tower has fallen. 

What a day that was.  I am watching the replay on MSNBC right now and it is still terrifying to hear the panic in the background of the footage recorded on the streets.  What a nightmarish scene.  I can't believe that was 10 years ago...10 years!  In a few more years, kids who are college-aged won't remember this day at all.  It's crazy. 

No comments: