Tuesday, July 20, 2010

uhhhh. . .What the H3LL?

Yesterday I thought I would pick some peas from the garden so I could make some stir fried rice (a new dish I learned from Allrecipes.com for the purpose of using the peas from the garden) for lunch. I gathered the peas out in the warm sun, and it was a very idyllic nice moment. Out of curiousity, I thought I would look closer at the green bean plants to see if there was any beans to pick. The bean plants have been a disappointment this summer, as I have already mentioned. Well, I found some beans on the plants. . .everyone knows what green beans look like, right? (I found that photo on the Internet. . .I might be bored, but not bored enough to take photos of produce. Well, unless it is on a plant in my garden. . .I guess I did take photos of tomatos I picked last fall right after I started this blog. . .Ughh never mind.)


Well, check these out!

What? What happened to those? I think we need on extension agent on the scene because there is a problem in the garden! These came from the same plant, and the other plants did not have beans like this (they didn't have beans at all), so that is good news. . .I guess. . .Don't worry, I didn't eat them. I thought that if the bunny rabbits didn't feel comfortable eating them like they are eating everything else then I shouldn't either. First the potatoes, now this!
There was a fast moving thunderstorm, complete with hail and a torrential downpour this evening. I was out riding my bicycle and saw the black clouds approaching. I know this isn't exciting or worth mentioning in any way. The only reason I am mentioning it is to point out a difference between Bis and the cities I am familiar with back in the flat valley.

When it rains, especially when it rains alot, it is kind of like a flash flood every time because of the hills! The water surges down the streets and the gutters turn to little fast moving streams. Then, within 20 or so minutes, the water is gone! No puddles, no soggy lawns or gardens. It's kind of cool. It is probably why the mosquito population seems lower as well. The photograph above was supposed to capture the phenomenon but it really doesn't.

No comments: