Sunday, July 11, 2010

Landscaping

Justin mentioned recently that I wasn't giving enough attention to the work he's done on the yard when I write this thing. Yeah, I guess I really haven't. . .

It really does look much different. There were big shrubs around the deck before and the rock was dingy and becoming overgrown with weeds due to a lack of maintenance from the elderly owner. Now it is all fresh and new!


The daylillies are from Justin's co-worker Holly. She has also shared irises with us and her family took our old rock which they plan to re-use. Thanks! I had to look up how to spell "daylily" on the Internet and the top google search was a university extension sight and the link said that daylillies are "rugged, adaptable, vigorous perrenials that endure in a garden for many years with little or no care." I think I'm going to like these plants!

So pretty!


The garden is still growing but I wish I could keep bunnies out! I remember a controversy at NDSU a few years ago that started when people found out the grounds crew was shooting rabbits after hours. People got really mad about it but I can relate. They can really destroy things and they are everywhere! Ugh. Oh well. Next year we will have to build a fence around the garden I guess.

Those tomato plants look like trees! No flowers yet though. . .I hope nothing is wrong with them! If I remember correctly, those plants grow huge, juicy variety of tomato so maybe they are just storing up their energy for production.

The zucchini plants are flowering!
Since Justin is gone for three weeks I had to mow the lawn today. I posted last fall about my history with mowing and it is extensive, but I haven't done much mowing since I moved away from the farm. I took a spin with the push-mower and it was alot of work, even though it only took about 40 minutes. There is a small hill in the back yard with really wore me out! Haha. . .

No comments: