Wednesday, July 28, 2010

TV For Sale

During my second year of law school, I moved into campus apartments. First I had a tiny one bedroom, and then I had a slightly larger two bedroom. I had a modest, cheap TV that my dad and brother had ran out to buy when I was moving into my overpriced but nice off-campus apartment at the beginning of my first year. They also, so thoughtfully, brought a nice reminder of home when they pulled up with the trailer of furniture from the farm. They had brought three of Pete's childhood 1/16 scale John Deere tractor toys that they rescued from the attic to "remind me of home." Haha, I needed it because I was about 30 miles away! I thought it was funny, though, and lined them up above the kitchen cabinets where they stayed until I packed up that expensive place and stored everything before my summer in Norway.

I moved into the two bedroom over Christmas break, and during that time Justin, although he wasn't really allowed to live there because we weren't married and he wasn't a student and he never even had his own key until after our wedding, heard from a co-worker about an electronics store (not a TV store, but a store that sold autostarts and car stereos) that was getting new display TVs around their showroom and waiting room. If he wanted, he could get a 36 inch flat screen tV for $200. The catch was that, although the screen was flat, the TV itself wasn't. It weighed about 250-300 pounds and was so deep it occupied a whole corner of the room. It required a special stand to support its weight.

That blasted TV, the bane of every man who ever helped us move's existence, went up three flights of stairs to the third floor of 500 Tulane Dr. and down again after a year and a half. Then it moved into a very multi-cultural West Fargo apartment and then it moved up three more flights of stairs to our apartment in Bismarck. Then it went back down one year later. Then it went up our side door stoop and down the narrow flight of stairs to rest in our basement, but not before it smashed into the stair railing and sustained a small puncture in one of the speakers. That's alot of travel for a piece of electronics that almost cripples anyone who tries to move it. I think it would be easier to move a piano than that TV.

As Justin has been making his plans for the basement, he has decided that they don't include a cumbersome 300 pound TV that is deeper than it is wide and requires a stand that looks like it belongs in a college guy's video game lair. He was going to put it in the garage but decided that my little law school TV would be OK out there instead. So tonight he listed it on a local classified website (The same classified site where I found my parent's dog, Wally, in the giveaway section! He was definitely a good find!)

http://www.bismanonline.com/getListing.php?tcat=17&cat=224&p=1&a=653689

That is the link. . .I don't know if it will work for you or not because it is hard to paste things on blogger. . .you have to do it in the edit html section and. . .blah blah blah I'm sure you don't care! Just copy and paste the link in the address bar!

While doing research on the TV, Justin found out that when it was new this behemoth TV cost $2,700.00! Wow that is alot of money for a TV! We are selling it for $175.00 or best offer. Hahaha. Any takers?

No comments: