Friday, July 30, 2010

Allan the Hunter

We have a very minor insect problem here. Compared to my childhood on the farm it is hardly worth mentioning except that the particular insect is really gross. I had never seen it before we lived here and between Yemen and the farm I thought I'd seen everything! The bug is a bit less than an inch long, brownish black, with short legs and antennae. In other words, really creepy looking. They appear alot near the floor vent in our bedroom and also in the bathroom. They appear under piles of clothes or a towel that have been on the floor. I found one in my laundry basket earlier this week. Yucky.

Allan took immediate interest the first time he saw one, and his hunting instincts kicked in! He would paw and bat at it, and eventually eat it. Gross, but at least I didn't have to pick them up and squish them myself!



There he is, patrolling the house. Haha, I love this picture!

The arrangement was working fine until, earlier this week, I found a big pile of cat vomit on the tile floor in the basement with a bunch of black bug parts in it. GAG! It was disgusting. No more bug hunting! At least I'm not going to encourage it anymore! I have to remind myself that Al doesn't have the garbage disposal digestive system of a farm cat. I think he was embarassed. . .it was hidden in the corner behind the TV.

No comments: