Saturday, March 20, 2010

Eggs and Baskets

I am at home in Bismarck this weekend and I have been doing alot of cleaning (Justin keeps everything tidy, but not necessarily clean. . .there were dust bunnies taking over the place!) These nasty bunnies reminded me that Easter (and my birthday!) are fast approaching and I decided to get out our Easter decorations. Last year they never saw the light of day because they were buried in a storage unit and we were too lazy to find them.
I am embarassed to admit that our outdoor Christmas decorations are still on display and they look really sad and dejected. The ornaments on the tree are so faded you can't tell what color they are and, as you can see, the lights have fallen out of their hooks and are dangling from the roof. Very sad. I don't feel too bad, however, because the people who live across the street have even more decorations still out. I almost took a picture of their yard but didn't want them calling the police to report me as a stalker.

I love Easter and when I was growing up we had alot of Easter decorations around our house. We would find a tree branch with ample twigs, shove it in pot with an already potted plant, and decorate it with miniature ornaments and eggs. When I was baby, someone, most likely my collectible-loving Grandma Dorothy, decided that I would collect bunny rabbit figurines. By the time elementary school was over I had many on display in my room. It got kind of out of control, but whatev. . .(Andrea was given cat and kitten figurines.) Hopefully I have a baby daughter one day so I can display the bunnies in her room. Or a baby son. . .at least until they can form their own opinions about what they want in their room! Otherwise they will remain at my parents house with all of my other crap from childhood

I realized that I should take some of the Easter decorations from home because our supply is very sad. We have this cheap and country looking door hanging item,


this cheap egg platter and matching candy dishes I got from Target's $ aisle,



And this basket Justin gave me during law school. That yellow blob is a stuffed Peep chick (like the marshmallow candy) that I bought on clearance a few years ago.

And thats it! We also had some plastic Easter eggs that I had completely forgotten about in the box. I'm having a flood of Easter memories right now, so maybe I'll save those for another day closer to Easter. . .

No comments: