Monday, March 8, 2010

The Bar

No not Chubs, not the Turf, not the Stadium, not the drink burning Comfort Inn. I'm referring to Kirk and Andrea's basement. I blogged about this last fall when I was visiting. It was still a work in progress. Over the weekend Kirk and our friend Jacob (Bailey, as he is known!) finally finished it by grouting the tiles that cover the surface. It looked pretty fun. I have had ambitions to do projects with tile. I kind of want to make some kind of tray or other decorative object with the sea glass I have collected on my various trips to Mexico but I haven't done it yet! (Shocking, I know.)

Baily has experience with grouting.

I think this one was taken before they started. . .

This is a photo of Justin's basement work bench after he finished painting it. He also hung that shelf above it. Very nice.

No post is complete without a picture of the kitten! Allan loves to find clean clothing and whenever I have something on a hanger he finds it and lays on it. That is a dress that I tossed from the extra bedroom excess clothes closet (which is also stuffed, by the way, with little worn dress clothes and piles of my sweatshirts that didn't fit in the other closet) onto the bed. I went to continue my packing and returned to find this. He's lucky I love him (and that he doesn't shed that much!)

No comments: