Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More Mexico! Excuse the delay. . .

Hello! I appologize for not continuing my Mexico wedding account faster. I went to Fargo this weekend to ride on a party bus with some college friends and got stranded in a blizzard. Now I really miss Mexico!

I believe I left off in the middle of the week. On Wednesday morning I went on a zip line rainforest tour with Justin, My parents and Kirk and Andrea. It was quite an adventure. We were dropped off at the "Vallarta Adventure" center then boarded this crazy open-air truck that looked like it belonged in a combat zone or in the oil fields of the Middle East! Soon we were cruising down the Freeway being blasted in the face by wind!
We rode for about an hour, through suburbs and smaller towns until we were in the forest of the Sierra Madre. It was an interesting trip because the base of the mountains seemed to be an agricultural area and we passed bean fields, tractors, and seed and chemical stores, complete with farmers hanging around outside. Very authentic. We finally arrived at the "canopy" zip line and were fitted with harnesses that made our shorts look like diapers! My dad was promply given the name "Papa Grande" after the standard helmet was tight for him and was constantly admonished to keep his legs up when he approached the platforms.

The tour was pretty sweet, and included 15 zip lines, as well as some ladders and scary bridges made of rope. There was also a "Tarzan swing". The zip lines were not even scary-the bridges were the worst! There was a great emphasis on safety, however, and the staff never allowed anyone to be without a safety attachment, even for a second. It was a fun experience. I don't have any pictures because they didn't allow cameras because they had photographers hanging from trees. Afterwards, they tried to sell you the photos at exhorbitant prices. The pictures were pretty neat, but very expensive ($15 for a single photo, as well as other more affordable package options that made my senior photo shoot look cheap!) So it will have to be remembered only in my imagination, I guess!

We arrived back at the hotel in time for a late lunch. While we were gone, my cousin, Kara, and Laura's fiance, Kevin, had arrived! We soon found them at the pool and the fun started again.

That is Kevin and Kara, that late arrivals, with Laura in the middle.
The following pictures were taken with one of those disposable water proof cameras. I think the pictures are fun!
Greg and Lindsay

Tim and Gale, the Skjo Bros.

Kara, Barb, Andrea, Cynthia, and myself.

Wednesday night was the Groom's dinner, which we ate at the hotel's Asian restaraunt. I love Asian food and I ate massive quantities. Delicious.

The wedding was on Thursday, so I will address that in a separate post.

No comments: