Thursday, February 11, 2010

Gooooooing to the Gazebo. . .

Finally, the wedding day. . .Please note that the pictures that look really good and vivid are the ones from the photographer and I take no credit for them.

Here is a fabulous group photo taken with my camera before the wedding. The sun was blinding and my eyes in this picture were being fried by ultraviolent radiation and in many pictures they may or may not be open. I couldn't tell which camera was photographing because all I could see was searing sunlight burning my corneas. I'm sure others were feeling this issue as well because I've discussed with my dad and uncle (I think it was years ago at one of my brother's high school baseball games) the problem of sun sensitivity, squinting and even sun induduced sneezing after being exposed to sunlight after being accustomed to a dark or dim environment (which has a name, by the way, the Photic Reflex, which is believed to be an inherited trait in around 20% of people.) They both have it, as do I and my brother and I'm sure some of my translucent-eyed cousins do as well. It's a decent picture, even though my arm looks like a big blob of white dough compared to my mom's and sister's.

This picture was taken by the photographer of all of the wedding guests. I thought it was kind of silly that they had us do that wierd fist-pump thing. Maybe we should have waved instead! I don't know why my grandpa isn't looking up. Maybe he was having a photic reflex attack or something!

I took this photo of my lovely cousins, sisters of the groom! It is one of the few I took myself at the wedding that doesn't have a head or arm in it so I had to put it on here!

The wedding took place in a gazebo on the hotel premises. I like this picture because it gives a good view of the bride's dress and the bridesmaids' very cute shoes! (I guess they weren't too comfortable, but it was worth it for the cute pictures!)

I love this photo because of how bright and beautiful the dresses look!

Ahhhh, the newlyweds, posing on the beach while the rest of us got into the alcohol and cigars. Again. . .

I love this photo because the colors, especially the ocean, look amazing!

The wedding was celebrated at the Brazilian restaurant at the hotel and included the usual festivities of toasts, champagne, and cake. We also had a performance of the man who lit goblets of coffee on fire! My pictures of that didn't turn out very well so I didn't post any but it was fun to see (we saw it nightly as the coffee carts travelled around the hotel.) I enjoyed it even though I was sick from the food the night before (it was so delicious, too! Why? Why?) and didn't eat or drink much at all. There was no dance arranged just for the wedding, but there was a dancefloor for all of the hotel guests and Greg and Lindsay had a first dance to a lovely solo by Greg's cousin (in-law, I guess!) Staci (She can auctioneer and sing!) then most of us hit "Da Club" (the hotel's lame discoteque) to dance like fools while the DJ tried to fog us out of the place with a smoke machine. He didn't succeed.
So, it was a fun wedding. And I have two more cousins getting married in the spring. Laura "Skjo" in May and my cousin Katie "Kathy Ann" Pratt in March. I have to mention a non-wedding related story. On Wednesday night, I had the coolest dream of my life. My dreams have been vivid lately and two nights ago I was even dreaming about the alphabetical order of people's names. My sister thinks my brain needs more stimulation in daily life and my brain is trying to give itself a workout in my sleep. I agree-this blog is one attempt at it! Maybe I should study for another state's bar exam. That should be sufficient to suppress any crazy and creative brain activity!

Anyway, on Wednesday night in Mexico I dreamed that my dad and my uncle decided to start their own beer label and they were trying to think of a name and we came up with the name "Skjo Bros." It is actually pretty obvious but I never have thought of that in my waking hours and no one else has either that I know of. Very strange. In the dream, I apparently was a graphic designer and whipped out my art supplies and paper and designed a label that portrayed an old fashioned stage (similar to the stage for the nightly shows at the hotel, except it had maroon velvet curtains like the stage at Hatton High School.) It got stupid when my aunt got mad at them because they wouldn't let her join the Skjo Bros. label and told them she hoped for their failure. Like they were all children again and the big brothers were being mean. Hilarious dream, and it is still very clear to me. I don't know where any other detail came from because the hotel bars served beer in cups and the beer in the room was in green bottles while in the dream they were brown. My cousins and I might create some Skjo Bros. merchandise in the future...when will it surface? The following night I dreamed that the mayor of Bismarck came to my house but the mayor was in the form of a random woman I had seen on the beach that day, complete with beach coverup and visor. Weird business, but at least its funny and not scary or disturbing!

No comments: