Thursday, February 4, 2010

Monday and Tuesday

Monday began as beautiful as the days before. Soon we realized that a few people were missing, however. My aunt, uncle and Lindsay the bride had become victims of the common and dreaded travel illness sometimes known as Montezuma's Revenge. They were out of commission for the day, which is a shame! Who wants to miss a day in Mexico? For the rest of us, the day went on as usual. Gale and Barb made an attempt to join us around lunch time but soon returned to the rooms feeling gross, I'm sure. I don't really remember much of what I did that day, actually! The days kind of all run together (in a good way!)
I think this was taken on Monday, but who knows?

On Tuesday morning at breakfast the worst had passed and the missing members joined us again, looking happy to be back in the action! We enjoyed the typical beach and pool until we ladies excused ourselves early to attend a surprise shower for Lindsay, complete with an underwear theme! We hung out in a corner of the bar/lobby area and enjoyed giving advice and telling stories about Greg! My favorite gift was the white fluffy bunny ensemble courtesy of "niece/dog" Izzy who had to stay home in MN! That dog apparently has an instinct for fashionable lingerie!

On Tuesday evening, we took a taxi ride into Puerto Vallarta to eat at a restaurant because the food at the resort was getting repetitive. My uncle heard a reccomendation from someone he talked to at the hotel to try a place called Turrito's in "Old Vallarta." The cab ride went through the city until we were driving on cobblestone roads and the cab was rumbling like a vehicle on a gravel "washboard" road. We stopped in front of the restaurant and went in after several Americans sitting at tables and practically hanging out the open windows encouraged us to join the fun! It was full of Americans (Old Vallarta is a place with alot of tourists.) It was a sports restaurant with American sports channels on TV and a combination of Mexican dishes and ribs and seafood. The food was good in my opinion, but the people who ate the various manifestations of shrimp were really going crazy (shrimp really isn't my thing-especially when you have to pull the legs off! Yikes!) I thought the bathroom was hilarious (it was plastered with "beefcake" posters of shirtless men from the 1990's) and I had a delicious and gigantic glass of Corona which I was delighted by because the resort didn't have it!

This place knows what the ladies want to see!

After that, my mom, Andrea and I hit up la farmacia (which as being tended by a man who looked about 19 years old and didn't know anything about any of the medications!) while my aunt tried to get the truth in a sliver shop and the others drank cheap cans of Corona on the sidewalk. Ahhh. . .I love Mexico. . .even touristic Mexico. . .I wish I could go whenever I wanted!


More excitement ahead on Wednesday and Thursday!

No comments: