Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Pre 4th Fun

It is July!  July 2nd!  Almost July 4th!  I love the 4th.  I don't think I need to explain it since I gush about it every year.  I probably won't be writing on here until next week and I can't think of much to update you with anyway.  There are big things happening in my head because my parents have started moving out of the house that I grew up in, a house that is over 100 years old and has been in our family since 1954, and moving in to their new house. It is a happy time and a long time coming but also sad and I am in the middle of processing it and need more time to really write about it.  It's just strange to think about.  The phone number that has always been ours is now obsolete as it rings in a vacated house (vacated of people, not belongings...not even close to vacated in that area!).  Seeing familiar furniture in a new house seems so weird and seeing my old bedroom without a bed is just disorienting.  But more about this later...

On Sunday there was a baby shower for my sister hosted by me and our college friends and I am finally able to reveal the quilt I made for her baby!  It's a girl, obviously...

 
It's not my most intricate or artistic work but she liked it!

 

 
Cousins and second cousins!

 
We throw a good party...

 
Here she is, at 7 months, looking huge...except she's not 7 months along. She's actually due in a few weeks!  Never mind!

This morning I had Ben and Tessa's pictures taken.  I haven't seen any of them yet but hopefully I will within the next few days.  Tessa was adorable and Ben was unruly.  So there were many nice shots of her and who knows what the photographer was able to catch of him.  This is Tessa's picture outfit.

 
That skirt has kittens on it! Oh Carter's, you keep delighting me!
 
If you are seeing me this weekend you will be presented with one of these confetti sugar cookies. 

 
I just ate one and I now I have to hide them because they are good.  Why do I do this to myself?
 
Finally, here is a little sequence from yesterday afternoon and evening.  Ben refused to nap at his usual time and ended up in a delirious meltdown for the rest of the evening until I happily put him to bed at 9. 



 
By the time he went to be he was just wailing various words, mostly involving his grandparents and various animals that he likes.  It was lovely. 

No comments: