Monday, February 3, 2014

The Superb Owl

Last night was the Super Bowl.  In the past I might have spent it at a friend's house, at a bar, or hanging out with my friends in the basement of our sorority eating pizza and Doritos.  This year, I spent it in a battle of wills with a one year old for control of the TV.  Will it be the Super Bowl or the 27th viewing of "Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey" starring Shadow, Sassy and Chance? 
 
 
Having the capacity to understand how to use the remote control, I won and Ben lost and we watched the Super Bowl.  Justin was doing school work so he watched it in peace in the basement.  But I still lost because Ben and Tessa did not become self sufficient for the evening just because I wanted to eat chips and watch commercials for four hours.  At least we have DVR and I was able to see everything I wanted to see. 
 
The game was pretty dull and the commercials were kind of forgettable.  I enjoyed Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers at halftime.  That Bruno Mars can really entertain a crowd.  I guess my favorite commercial was the one where the puppy keeps running away from it's owner to reunite with his horse BFF back at the farm.  Awwww...so cute.  I also liked the one about "A man and his truck and an eligible bachelor" where the bachelor was actually a prize steer he was taking to mate with  some heifers.  So racy...The one about the veteran from Florida was nice too, especially since he was actually at the game.  There was no "God Made a Farmer" equivalent though, and nothing that I will remember like I remember "Cat Herding" from back in the 90s!
 
I saw references to the "Superb Owl" on Facebook and from now on I will refer to the Super Bowl in this way. 
 
 
Hee hee hee...
 
Since we don't have any Denver Broncos or Seattle Seahawks apparel Tessa wore her Vikings jersey that she got for Christmas. 
 


 
She didn't care at all about the game and spent the evening staring at the dangling objects attached to her rocking machine.  I caught her grinning at her brother which was cute. 
 
Over the weekend, Justin was fishing at Lake of the Woods with his friends from college and I was at my parents' house.  Their new house was getting painted so we went to check it out and Ben immediately was drawn to this ladder. 
 
 
 
He is a real climber these days.  I can't wait for nice weather so he can get loose at the park instead of trying to climb furniture, walls, the wall of bathtub (he really does climb the wall in the tub by grabbing the rods that are for holding bottles.  It's not very safe.) and everything else he can find. 

 

No comments: