Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Blast from the Past

This morning, for some reason, I went to Bing to search the Internet instead of Google.  I usually default to Google but I chose Bing this time (fascinating fact about me!).  Bing is fun because every day it has a new exotic or interesting picture with trivia about the place.  I don't know why I don't look at it more often.  It has been a long time since I went to Bing and I was thrilled to see that this was the picture on the home page.

www.bing.com

I have been meaning to write this all day so most readers probably won't read it until tomorrow and then it will be a not applicable picture on Bing but today's was a picture of Nyhavn, a canal street in Copenhagen, Denmark.  This is it.

 
This picture is the picture I took when I visited that street back in 2006!  I am not sure the date but we visited Denmark by taking an overnight ferry from.  I looked back at my Norway blog and we returned on June 6.  I have been remembering it all day.  Copenhagen is a very magical city.  We only spent a few days there but I will never forget the atmosphere.  Those European cities, at least the ones I visited, felt like being in a fairy tale.  I hope I can visit again one day. 
 
At least I will get to satisfy my travel urges this weekend.  On Friday I leave for Las Vegas for my annual ladies trip with my family.  My aunt and her mother-in-law are already there, sipping free mixed drinks at the slots most likely.  Some leave tomorrow (lucky!)  and my sister and I leave Friday around lunch time.  I say this every year but I cannot wait to feel that desert heat.  It has been so cold and damp around here that I truly look forward to it being 100 degrees.  And yes, I am pregnant and that will diminish some of my fun but I don't even care!  Ben has been waking up during the 4:00 a.m. hour pretty frequently this last week and I am very excited to sleep in (sleeping in defined as waking up when I feel like it which will probably be around 7:00 a.m.)!   And we have a Groupon for a cabana at the pool one afternoon so I can lay in the shade and read and drink lots and lots of water! 

No comments: