Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Cards

Last week I ordered some Christmas cards from Shutterfly.com.  For the past three years I have tangled with Wal-Mart for this service and thought it was time for a change.  Wal-Mart around Christmas is not my favorite place to be!  The shipment was waiting for me when I got home from work this afternoon.  It was strange because there were two boxes instead of one and andrea and recieved hers last week and hers only required one box. 

I ripped open one of the boxes and my heart instantly started racing...I could see a green background with a candycane in the envelope window and I had ordered a snowflake themed card.  Uh-oh...the cards intended for a family I don't know with a little blond daughter and announced a new baby on the way.  Definitely not ours!  Haha.  I quickly ripped open the other box and was thrilled to find my own order, with every card accounted for. 

I was excited to see my cards and thought of the mom excitedly waiting for her cards to arrive and went online to see what to do about order mix ups.  I couln't find anything on the website about recieving the wrong order.  It only covered returning orders with mistakes.  I called the 800 number and waited on hold for about 15 minutes (not so unlike Wal-Mart after all!)  When I finally spoke to a rep. and explained what happened he told me to throw the cards away for the other customer's privacy.  I said I would and asked if he wanted the names of the people on the card so they could be contacted.  He said no and that they would call on thier own when their order didn't come!  That kind of upset me because I felt bad knowing that they would be waiting.  Christmas is only 11 days away! 

So...I did something that might or might not be strange to some people...I looked up the mom's name on Facebook and sent her a message telling her what happened so she could contact Shutterfly as soon as possible.  Nice or creepy?  What do you think?  I think I would like to know if I were her. 

Who knows when our cards will be sent out...hopefully within the next week!  I know everyone is so excited!  Haha I bet. 

No comments: