Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Food On My Mind...

I don't have anything interesting to write about because my job has been really busy and the work is far from interesting.  I worked late this evening and we are going there at 7 tomorrow so we can finish early so people can leave for Thanksgiving.  We work for people in New York City  and they don't care that there is a blizzard ready to decsend on the area just as it is time to travel. 

I really love Thanksgiving.  I love waking up to hearing my mom working in the kitchen and already smelling good food cooking.  I also love watching the Macy's Parade even though I usually don't focus on it 100%.  It make soothing background noise.  And, of course, I eagerly anticipate my mom's cooking.  It is just the best.  That woman can really orchstrate a meal right down to the perfect timing when all the food is done at the same time.  I was delighted when I went to Justin's house for Thanksgiving a few years ago and discovered that his mom can also orchestrate a meal with perfection and makes almost all of the same food almost the exact same way!  So I will never have to worry about that aspect!  Haha. 

It is already very snowy here thanks to a Monday snow dump and there is a winter storm forecast for tomorrow so there will be alot of snow on Thursday.  This reminds me of how I used to play outside on the farm with my cousins on Thanksgiving.  We would sled down the creek banks and when that got boring as we got older we would take turns pulling each other in sleds behind a snowmobile.  We would often end up strewn around the yard because the driver would drive too rough and make the sled hit every bump.  Hmmmm...this is giving me some ideas for this weekend!  Some vigorous outdoor activity is a good idea on a day when you stuff your face with food 87% of the time! 

So...everyone enjoy the weekend.  There is an NDSU game on Saturday so hopefully that will result in some fun times!  I don't have a ticket and everyone else does so who knows what will become of me and tailgating might be kind of frigid!  We shall see! 

No comments: