Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Favorite Paint Colors!

I love the magazine "House Beautiful". I subscribe to it with the reward points get from Coca-Cola products, along with several other magazines. A few days ago my monthly issue came, so imagine my suprise when I got the mail yesterday and found this!

It is a special edition devoted to paint colors and finding the right colors for the individual person! It is a higher quality than the monthly issues, with a thick glossy cover. It is almost like a book! Oooh. . .I had to discipline myself to do some productive things around the house before I allowed myself to open it. I gives me the urge to paint something. . .haha don't worry, all of you that helped me paint our house last fall, I think I will restrain myself!
In the first few pages, there was a quiz to help people find out what colors they gravitate toward and will probably love in their house. I thought it would be fun to share it here with my answers!
1. What is the first color you see in the morning? Green

2. What color are your eyes? Blue, gray, they kind of change. . .
3. What color do you wear the most? Different shades of blue and green
4. What color do you never wear? Red, followed closely by pink. I noticed something when I was looking at baby pictures of myself. . .I was a first born daughter, and who can resist cute, girly baby outfits that are almost always pink? Apparently, my fashion conscious mom knew from the start that pink wasn't the right color for me (good call, Mother!) By the way, I love most shades of pink and red. . .just not near my face!


5. What color do you wear when you want to feel sexy? A deep jewel tone, like purple or dark blue, and black of course.

6. What color gets you the most compliments? Dark or bright shades of green. I bought a purple t-shirt at GAP about a month ago and I get alot of compliments when I wear it, so I guess purple as well.

7. What color is your lipstick? I don't wear it. . .my lipstick is the flush of health!

8. What color was your living room growing up? Hmmm. . .well, it was white with 1970's olive green carpet (shag but not over the top shaggy) and brown couches. Not pretty. Fortunately, since 2003 it has been a light olive green-ish color with tan carpet. It was a big improvement.
9. What color was your bedroom when you were growing up? It was blinding, with three East and South facing "old house" style windows that were about as tall as me and yellow wallpaper. I can't think of a lighter room I've seen besides a sun room! And, no, I didn't sleep very late in the mornings!

10. What color are your sheets? Well, JUSTIN, they were white with a light blue pattern, until they were washed with a purple blanket and are now bright pink. The new ones are white with a green trellis pattern.

11. What color was your favorite crayon as a child? Oh, I liked them all. I usually had the biggest pack available and I remember really liking Cerulean and Forest Green. I was a child who loved colors and my parents and aunts laugh about how I knew more advanced color names at a young age. Before my brother was born we lived in a mobile home in Rock Springs, WY (because of a housing shortage due to Rock Springs being an oil boom town) and the trailer had rust colored carpet and a rust shower curtain in the bathroom (It was a two bathroom mobile home! Very nice!) I was three and would talk about the rust decor and I also claimed my favorite color was fuschia. My aunt Jenny still loves to laugh about when I told her I liked fuschia. Hahaha. I believe there was a fuschia crayon and I liked it but not as much as Cerulean.
12. What color is your car? Right now it is black, but my two favorite vehicles ever were bright blue (a Ford Ranger and a Ford Fusion).
13. What color was your prom dress? Royal blue for jr. year, lavender for sr. year (I regret the lavender one.)

14. What's your favorite gemstone? Hmmm. . .my birthstone is a diamond but I always kind of envied the more colorful months. I like the saphhire and the aquamarine. (Oh, why couldn't I have been born in September or March? Haha, not really. I am fine with April. . .)

15. What is your favorite flower? Peonies, because they are so big, and hydrangeas because they look like big balls of flowers! And unique colored roses, like lavender, yellow and coral.

16. What color makes you happiest? The turquoise color of a swimming pool or the ocean!

17. What color depresses you? None, really. . .

18. What color calms you? Robin's egg blue.

19. What color makes you grind your teeth? Hmmm. . .maybe neon colors?

20. What color would you like to try, but are scared to? I'm not scared to try anything. I live with a man, though, so I have to compromise in some areas of decorating!
Well, I didn't need a magazine survey to tell me this, but I think I love blue and green! Big surprise!

No comments: