Wednesday, June 16, 2010

100th Post!

When I logged in I realized that this is the 100th post since I started this blog. I wasn't prepared for this, so I don't have anything special prepared. No montage of my favorite posts. . .I've got other things on my mind because I'm going to Las Vegas tomorrow! I'm going with my mom, my aunt, my grandmothers, my aunt's mother in law, my sister and my cousin. I can't wait to spend a few days doing one of my favorite things. . .drinking near water with my sister and cousins. (Recall my multi-part Mexico account back in January?) For the last few days I have been calling texting Andrea and Katie and they have been calling and texting me. The subjects have been all about what clothes to bring, who is bringing a hairdryer for us to share in our room, and if anyone is bringing a nice dress or jeans (NO to the jeans. . .it is 100 degrees there every day there this time of year.)


In house related news, our garbage disposal broke. I think it might be our first typical house disaster (and it really wasn't a disaster at all). The disposal that was there was pretty old so Justin headed to Menards and came back with a new one! He installed it while I was out eating pizza with my law school classmate who was in town for a conference. Crisis averted! (Oh, what would happen if we couldn't wash food down the drain?? Oh wait. . .I spent the first 26 years of my life not being able to do that. . .I think it would have been OK!)


What a pretty little disposal! It is alot smaller than the old one so that means there is more room for crap under the kitchen sink! This will only encourage my shopping bag hoarding habit.

Justin finished hauling away the rock and split the hostas that were hiding under the ferns.


He added edging and yesterday I bought some perrennials and annuals to add to the flower bed.

I chose two Asiatic lilies, two other taller perennials called Phlox and three ground covering perennials called Dianthus Barbatus, commonly called Sweet William Dainthus. I also bought some really cheap Vinca and Begonias at Walmart to fill in the bed this year because it looks kind of sparse. I can't wait for those lilies to open.

The construction continues on the street. This photo was taken yesterday. We're trapped! Hahaha when I leave for Vegas I'm going to have to prance around the block pulling my suitcase!



No comments: