Monday, December 14, 2009

Light it UP


I sent a big pile of Christmas cards today, so expect an awesome suprise within the next few days!

House projects...house projects...not too much going on in that area. Last week, Justin put some new light fixtures in the basement.





This is one of the old fixtures. I didn't really mind them. I like old, vitage-y things sometimes. But whatev. . .the new ones are fine too. I didn't really care if I were involved with this project at all, but I ended up standing there holding a flashlight while he connected the wires. Oh, it was exhausting, let me tell you!
We were in Eastern ND this weekend for a wedding and a Birthday party in the Lankin/Park River area. I also spent a day at my parents' house in Hatton and enjoyed being around all of the Christmas decor of my youth. . .especially these!


Our stockings! My mom made each of these quilt style stockings beginning with the Mom, Dad, and Maren versions back in the 80's when I was a baby. The style caught on in the family and she has made them for several of our relatives' families. It has been about 12 years since the last baby was born (my cousin Olivia) but the addition of two new husbands called for her to return to the Christmas fabric box and also invent some new appliques (no cutesy animals for Kirk and Justin!) I love that stocking because it holds ALOT. Haha. When I have children I am going to name them something longer than 6 letters. . . she could use a challenge. . .

No comments: