Monday, December 21, 2009

Just When the Paint Smell Faded. . .


Lucky you! You get a break from my nostalgic Christmas nonsense to actually hear about a project dealing with our house! This weekend, I went to Grand Forks for my brother's college graduation. The ceremony was at 2 on Friday, so Justin didn't go because of work. He stayed in Bismarck and painted in the basement! I am not going to re-post "before" pictures of the family room because it is just a white bare room and I believe there is a picture of it in previous posts. He chose a color called Hemlock and it looks like this:

He picked it out, and I was glad because I picked the upstairs colors and it is alot of pressure! You can see there is some finishing around the floor. The trim was brown before and Justin is going to replace it with white to match the trim around the windows and doors down there. See Allan's little tent area? He loves the look of his new room. He loves it so much that he ended up with a streak of paint on his side this evening! We had to pin him down and wash him off so he wouldn't lick it!

The work extends to the staircase. Below is how it looked before.

We have plans to carpet the family room in the future and also the stairs, so Justin removed the old carpet.

I especially like this undertaking because I have not done any of the work (yet)! No paint on my hands and in my hair! This is a contrast from when we painted upstairs and I was paint-y for weeks! I did make some mediocre tasting and looking spritz cookies today though! I did something!

No comments: