Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Preschool Grad

Ben's preschool graduation was last Thursday afternoon.  I am just getting around to this because I was in Las Vegas all weekend.  The trip there ended up being a complete fiasco.  I will save that for another post.  For now, we will just remember the happy times before I had a 26 hour flight delay (yes, you read that right).

Last year, this little girl got loose as the kids were lining up in front of the gym and starting saying "Hi Ben Hi Ben!  I dancing I dancing!" and then she started doing a weird little dance up there.  I was trying to adjust the settings on my camera and it just happened so fast...



Let's flash back to that morning...


I knew we would have to keep a good eye on Milo to prevent him from doing the same thing or else making a break for the door and getting loose in the YMCA.  We let him run before it started and I couldn't even get a good picture of his "dress" clothes. 


He ended up being restrained. 


Sorry buddy!

Soon the kids filed and sang their featured songs, including "Months of the Year" and a musical rendition of "Five Little Monkeys". 



Then they got their certificates.  Their hats made me laugh.  If you can't tell, the mortarboards are fully intact pieces of rectangle shaped construction paper.  They made their own as an art project which I liked.  I have been seeing more elaborate Kindergarten and preschool graduation photos the last few years on social media and many schools even have miniature satin robes and hats that look even better than the nylon Jostens numbers high school and college students get stuck paying for. 


I tried to get a picture of the Bros but one bro was too busy checking out all the action in the room. 


My photogenic family. 


Slightly better...


After the program we went upstairs to the room to have some fruit and cake and say goodbye to everyone one last time.  This was pretty sad for me since he's been going here for two years and many of the kids have been in his class the whole time. As a result, I have become friends with the parents.  Ben has a day camp type thing scheduled for two weeks in June with a few of his friends so that will be good at least. In this picture he playing at the Lego table, his favorite free time activity, with a few of his main guys who will all be at different schools next year.  Sniff...

No comments: