Wednesday, February 10, 2016

What's Happening?

Once again, I find myself behind on topics that I might have, in the past, devoted a whole post to.  The mundane nature of these topics makes me wonder what I am thinking!  Oh well, this is my creative outlet...So this is what I have missed due to not having any time to waste for myself like I did in the good old days...

The big ordeal of the last week is that I somehow contracted pink eye...you know, the highly contagious eye infection known formally as bacterial conjunctivitis?  This infection can tear through schools and daycares and cause panic for working parents when they see the number for their kids' school or daycare on their caller ID.  It means a perfectly healthy individual who has all the energy and appetite they usually have has to be isolated to stop the spread which means someone has to stay home with them.  It also means eye drops.  Have you tried to put eye drops in a young child or todder's eyes?  I requires two people, torture chamber restraint methods and lots of screaming.  Pink eye is not only an issue for children because most adults that get it catch it from their kids or students.  Imagine my confusion when I realized I had it with no previous known exposure!  On Thursday I felt like my eye was itching all day by Friday morning there was no doubt about it so I dropped Ben off at school with sunglasses on even though it wasn't sunny out and got to the doctor as fast as I could.  I was prescribed some drops which came in a tiny bottle the size of half of one of my fingers and cost $40 with insurance. 

I couldn't recall ever having pink eye before even as a child but I do remember that people who had it were back in the action after a day of drops.  Apparently there is some antibiotic resistance happening because my eye still looked bad on Sunday.  Today, Wednesday, is the first day I look completely normal again.  That took way too long.  Yikes.  However, I am pleased to say that no one else in the house got pink eye!  I have never washed my hands so much in my life.  The fewer bottles of $40 dollar, .2 ounce bottles of medicine we have to buy the better. 

Last week, the movie "Nanny McPhee" came on TV after some other show we were watching so Ben saw the first part of it.  Even though it is a kids movie he seemed kind of scared of it so I turned it off.  The next day he was playing with some silly putty and came up to me like this:

 
Of course I made a big fuss about how silly he was and he said he was being like the "babysitter from the movie"! 
 
 
I must say that was pretty clever!
 
It was 50 degrees on Saturday.  This is quite a feat for February.  I love this El Nino or whatever weather cycle we are in.  Not to diminish the struggles of those who are having terrible weather because of it...I got the kids outside with 45 minutes of daylight to spare and even dig the bikes out of the garage. 

 
She's so cute in that hat.  Whenever we go in pubic when she is wearing it she gets fussed over every where we turn. 
 
Milo is very close to having a tooth!  He was acting very fitful last night when I was trying to get him to sleep.  He was shaking his head from side to side and was having trouble falling asleep.  He was actually happy and I could hear him in his crib cooing and talking to himself but he was quite restless.  Today you can see something white about to come through.  I gave him a dose of baby ibuprofen and he is napping so hopefully it is a long one.  It's sad to think that his cute baby smile will soon have teeth!  As the cliché says, it goes so fast. 
 

No comments: