Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sewing Machine!

Justin gave me a new sewing maching for Christmas this year.  I took it out of the box for the first time this evening and started experimenting.  I had previously read through the instruction book and knew it would be considerably more complicated than my old machine!  Wow...it is really complicated!  It was necessary to read the directions carefully to learn all of the mechanisms before sewing a stitch!   

This little screen tells you what is going on.  I thought it was funny that it displayed the fact that I was winding hte bobbin thread.  Usually it displays the stitch selection options and, when you select the stitch, gives you the option to change the stitch length and width. 

Look at all those buttons!  The red light is actually a button that you push to start sewing!  It has a foot pedal but you don't have to use it.  It was strange at first but I think I will like it!  There are 67 "utility stitches" and countless other stitches for decorative sewing, embroidering letters, and making button holes.  It will take me alot of projects before I experience these features!  I am very excited that it has the capability to quilt.  Maybe I can finally step out of my "tie quilt" comfort zone and stop taking the easy way out! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jeallllllllll