Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy 1-11-11

What a unique date it is!  It is also my brother, Peder's, 24th birthday!  What a sweet day for a birthday!  My birthday is 4-4 so, God willing, I will be around to celebrate 4-4-44, which would be my 61st birthday.  Hard to imagine right now! 

Although I wouldn't normally mention Pete's birthday (I'm sure I didn't mention it on here last year) I don't know what else to write about (unless you want to hear more about my car accident...I got the estimate from the body shop today...$4,700.00.  Yikes.  Lucky for that body shop!). 

Pete was born when my family lived in Rock Springs, WY.  I was 3 years old at the time, turning 4 on the previously mentioned 4-4.  I have some memories of that time.  I recall that my family replaced our car with a van and that my sister and I got bunk beds.  I also recall an oxygen tank and monitoring machine.  That machine is in the picture because Pete was supposed to have been born in March.  He was premature and spent time in the intensive care unit in Salt Lake City, UT before coming home.  It is strange to imagine now, in these days of high worry where only a limited number of people are approved to see healthy babies and are required to prove that they are vaccinated against every threatening disease and germy little toddlers are banned completely, but my sister and I were allowed in the ICU to see him.  I still recall wishing I could hold him.

He overcame his early start fine, as you all know, and became a regular part of the family. 


This was taken on a camping trip when we lived in Wyoming.  We were probably at Yellowstone or the Black Hills.  My mom was so overprotective and fussy!  Haha.

I was looking through pictures to find one of Pete when he was older to show when I realized that no one in this family seems capable of taking a normal looking picture.  I don't think it's possible if our lives depended on it.  Good lord. 
The signature sneer.  This face shows up alot on Pete, and also on others.  This was taken at a street dance the night before the 4th of July a few years ago. 

Oh...there it is at Andrea's wedding!

And skiing in Montana at our favorite ski lodge bar!

And at again on the 4th of July!

And at our cousin Christina's wedding!

Now Andrea's doing it!


Pete and his female, 29 years older twin, who is also our mom.  Obvious similarities. 

OK, a few kind of normal shots...

In my wedding... 

 
Holding Jakey in a skeezy sweater at Andrea's ugly sweater party... 

 Cheers to marginal pictures and 1-11-11!

No comments: