Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

My Easter weekend included much more than just Easter! On Saturday I attended a bridal shower for my cousin, Laura, in Fargo. It was hosted my my mom, my aunt, and Laura's two aunts on her mom's side. It was at Rose Creek in Fargo where we were served the best salad I have eated that wasn't created by me. I usually dismiss salads as a main course but this one cut it! It had chicken, cashews, some kind of crunchy frito-ish things, mandarin oranges and...BABY CORN! I love baby corn and like to incorporate it at every mongolian grill I dine at. At HuHot I eat combinations that are 50% baby corn.

The shower was fun to, of course. Below is a photo of my cousins on my dad's side, minus one girl and the two boys.
I met Justin at the farm on Saturday evening. In the morning, in the old familiar place, there were Easter baskets! The Easter bunny came! He left five baskets, And also, it seems, a thermos and a bunch of bananas. And a mail order catalogue.

We went to church and had a lovely egg bake breakfast and one of my Grandma's friends made everyone there sing happy birthday to me and Annie, a 16 year old who I used to babysit and shares my birthday.

Here are some of my presents.

My Grandma made me a new quilt! She churns those things out on a weekly basis. She said if I didn't like this one I could trade it in for a different one but I like this one!

Justin gave me a new iPod! I have a 3 year old ipod that I got for my birthday in 2007. The battery barely stays charged anymore. This new one is an ipod touch and I have enjoyed downloading all of the pointless but amusing apps that are available!
Look! Signs of life after winter! The bulbs are coming back! That flower bed needs some help!

We dyed eggs after lunch. My brother and sister and I have a long running tradition of antics with the wax crayon that comes with the dye kits. This year we ended up with some real winners...

Notice that muddled blueish egg with the smiley face and some sort of hair...what the ____ is that about? I spent alot of time shrink wrapping those animal cases on eggs. They are very cute. Much cuter that that watered-down NDSU egg on the right!

These are not attractive. In the corner is a poor attempt at a Minnesota Twins egg. Nice work, Pete. The dye was supposed to be a reddish color but it was the first tablet we dissolved and we forgot you needed to add hot water to instead of cold. That green turd was Andrea's attempt at making an egg version of Jake, her "German Chocolate" mixed breed dog who is brown. I can't look at that thing without laughing.

I have to include this picture of Allan! Justin sent it to me as a picture text when he got back to Bismarck on Sunday evening. I miss this little guy!

No comments: