Sunday, January 31, 2010

!Vamos a Mexico!

We got back from Puerto Vallarta, MX last night! My cousin, Greg, got married there. We arrived around lunchtime on Saturday and returned a week later. I have so many pictures and stories that I am going to make this a multiple day Mexico extravaganza! Otherwise, it would be way too long and no one who is reading a blog is wanting to read a chapter book!

So. . .I'll start at the beginning, only because I think these pictures of Allan are cute. He wouldn't leave me alone when I was orgainizing my "resort wear" collection (furnished by Old Navy, TJ Maxx and various clearance racks) and constantly was laying on the clothes and getting in the suitcase. I think he knew a long separation was coming!
I finally shut him out of the guest room, which is where he often hangs out because there is a bush that usually has birds perched in it outside the window. He continued to pester me from beyond the door.
I think this cat is acting a little bit desperate! Al, ladies don't like that!

Before we met with the rest of the group, we, along with my parents and Andrea and Kirk, parked at this TravelLodge hotel so we could sleep for a few hours before taking a cab to the airport early in the morning. We "kids" were put in this ridiculous room that I think was really intended as a kids room! The bedspreads, curtains and lampshades all had this weird teddy bear pattern and there were framed posters on the wall with larger versions of the images! It was really funny and my parents' room wasn't like this. We were just lucky! (By the way, the rest of the group includes my grandparents, my aunt and uncle Karen and Terry, my aunt and uncle Gale and Barb (parents of the groom), my cousin Laura (my cousin Kara and Laura's fiance Kevin joined us later in the week), the bride and groom, my aunt Barb's brother and sister and thier spouses and a few of their kids, and the bride's parents, sister and brother-in-law, aunt, uncle and their family, including a cute little two-year-old.) And of course, Greg and Lindsay!

It was an exciting occasion because the siblings (Gale, my dad Tim and Karen) hadn't vacationed together since a trip to Winnipeg in 1964. Also, I before this trip I had never been on a trip with my cousins from my dad's side of the family before! (although the three youngest and my brother were missing-sorry guys!) I knew this would be fun!

The flight went fine and eventually we escaped the bad weather and the mountainous, green land of Mexico emerged under us. We all went right to our rooms to change into our beach clothes and the afternoon was beautiful! We ate at the beach buffet which seemed bountiful and delicious and went to work drinking the menu of slushy, blended drinks. Above is a picture of the hotel from the beach side.
Here is a nice shot of the beach. I have many more like this from different angles at different times of day, so maybe I will show more later!

No comments: