Tuesday, January 19, 2010

El Bano

We're going to Mexico in a few days so I might be incorporating some Spanish into my posting! Sorry, I don't know how to add the tilde symbol above the "N"!

I have been irritated by the condition of my areas of the bathroom for awhile. I was going to organize it after we were completely moved, but of course I never did. So now I finally did! I have always kept my cosmetics in a big makeup bag. The problem with that situation is that I have to dig for everything and all of the compacts, the lovely silvery clinique compacts as well as the cheaper drugstore ones, end up scuffed, broken, and streaked. The makeup bag ends up the same way-gross, full of pulverized eyeshadows, and generally nasty. I saw these little boxes in the $ aisle at Target and thought they would serve my purpose.

Some of you may think it still looks pretty chaotic. . . you should have seen it before! I sure love that huge cabinet!

I also have a bunch of crap in the linen closet, such as hairspray, rarely used products like aloe vera gel for sunburn, and, apparently, an aresenal of makeup bags that could rival the number of makeup bags in my old sorority house belonging to all of the girls combined. What you are seeing isn't even all of them! I threw one away and eliminated a few before we moved and there are a few more in that big grey bag you can see protruding in the corner! In my defense, I get all of these for free when I buy Clinique products and I don't bother donating them because the thrift stores and rummage sales are already full of them (apparently I'm not the only one with this habit.)
Justin's basement project is now finished. Well, not completely because there is no carpet or furniture yet, but last night he covered the nail holes in the baseboards and tonight he painted them. I haven't taken pictures of it yet, but it looks the same as it did in previous pictures so you can refer back if you like!

No comments: