Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Milo at Two Weeks Old

As everyone always says as they realize time has passed, I can't believe the baby is two weeks old already.  At this time two weeks ago I was sitting on a pillow that was covering the metal joint in the middle of my hospital bed, enjoying my room service complete with cheesecake and still shocked that we had a baby the night before. 
 
He's doing fine.  His sleeping is like a newborn with wakeups in the 3:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m.  hour and also, if I have already gone to bed, during the midnight or 1:00 a.m. hour.  He slept for a six hour stretch a few nights ago and I thought it must be too good to be true and it was but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel of fractured sleep. 
 
I keep waiting for my to lose my mind with three kids since I have heard that having a third can be a tipping point to total chaos but I have also heard that it's not any harder than having two.  I guess it depends on the family.  I really haven't found it much harder than having two.  We have had friends and neighbors bring us meals and since Ben is in school most mornings and Tessa naps in the afternoon I have lots of time with just two.  I have another mom walking Ben into school so I don't have to unload the other kids which is really nice.
 
 The worst days are the days when he doesn't have school because we can't really go anywhere and I get really bored being stuck in the house all day.  We can't go to the Y until Milo is two months old and I am not ready to go to public places like stores yet.  Tessa is in the worst phase of toddlerhood when it comes to shopping and won't sit or stay in a cart or any kind of restraint and likes to run off in the opposite direction of where we are going.  I know this phase will pass but for now she is better off staying away from Walmart, the mall or any other place like that.  I did take all three to MOPS this morning because there is no school today because of the state teacher's convention and it went fine. 
 
I think the main reason I don't feel that different is because I don't have time to think about anything!  I remember changing Ben's diapers when he was a newborn and becoming overwhelmed at the thought of the years of diaper changing that were ahead of me and terrified of being left alone with Ben and Tessa when she was a newborn.  And of course, I had to process the loss of my youth and freedom.  But I have accepted all of those things a long time ago and have hardly thought of them lately. Well, maybe I do when an old favorite song from college surfaces on my playlist or when I step outside on a crisp autumn night and suddenly transport back to 2005 and recall myself walking to the bar with a slight buzz with my best friends but I am usually snapped out of those little reveries quickly!  Also, now my sister and my cousins and most of my friends have had and are having babies so I don't feel like I am so different. 
 
So, so far, so good.  That sentence looks weird.  I wonder if that is a correct way to write a sentence?  Here are a few pictures from the last few days. 
 

Here he is in his Halloween pajamas.  They are size 3 months but I realized that there weren't may days left in October so I better get them in the rotation and they actually fit pretty well.   He's growing!


I like this picture because he is so alert.


I found this outfit in the newborn box.  It was Ben's "coming home" outfit but I didn't think he would mind if his brother wore it!

 
Tessa loves to sit in the car seat and other baby holding apparatuses.  Here she even snuggled into it with her blanket. 

No comments: