Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday has crept up on me this year.  It usually does I guess.  Since it is the start of Lent it means Easter is on the way and Easter makes me think of Spring.  However, Ash Wednesday falls in the middle of February, which around here is the depth of winter.  This time of year it feels like Spring will never get here.  From now on, each Wednesday will bring us closer to Easter and Spring, although I have to admit that Easter around here, with a few late April exceptions, often feels and looks quite wintery.  Tonight the Wednesday night church services and soup dinners begin.  When I was  Confirmation student I spent all afternoon and evening at church during Lent and I'm sure I was bored sometimes but I don't think I minded! 

Also, this time of year I think about my surprising appendectomy that I had back in 2007.  I think it was the 11th or 12th of February.  I spent the rest of the week laying on the couch and watching TV.  After having Ben via c-section I thought often of that wonderful week of rest for a surgery much less invasive than the one I just had.  I don't know how new mothers do it even after I have done it! 

This time last year I was sure I would be going into labor at any moment.  At the beginning of February the doctor informed me that I was starting to dilate and I woke up every morning dissapointed that I hadn't gone into labor during night.  Little did I know I had quite a wait in front of me! 

A trip down memory lane...
 
AAAAHHHHH!!!!
 
 

No comments: