Thursday, September 30, 2010

Homecoming approaches...

I don't really have anything to write about right now because I am distracted...I have a fun weekend ahead of me, filled with friends I don't see too often and definitely don't see all at the same time!  It's Homecoming week!  I loved this week during undergrad.  It is a beatiful, summer-like Thursday evening right now and if it were 2002, 2003, 2004, or 2005 (the years I was in undergrad) I would be unstoppable right now.  My friends and I would be amped and ready to have a blast!  If we were underage, money and a shopping list would be discreetly slipped to a 21+ person and if I were of age I would be helping my younger friends (usually my sister was the negotiator) get their night started.  There would be float building combined with dance parties, long dinners at the Turf, homecoming show tickets for sale, skit rehearsals for the homecoming show and other fun nonsense.  Something that was nowhere to be found was books or studying. 

By the way, although I was never nominated for the homecoming court like my younger cousin, I was in the show once, when I was a sophomore in college. Our skit was a little caper about stealing hamburgers or something.  It didn't make any sense.  We are supposed to be chicken McNuggets.  I don't know why we are wearing eye black like football players.  This photo makes me laugh every time I encounter it.  


OK, you know that when I get nostalgic I keep carring on and I guess I was wrong at the beginning of this post. I, of course, do have something to write.  It just doesn't pertain to our life, homeownership, or anything specific like that.  Oh well, whatever!  Check back early next week for a full recap of the weekend.  Well, the appropriate parts anyway.  

No comments: