Wednesday, August 8, 2018

VBS to the Rescue!

Well, here I am and it's only been four days since my last post!  The reason is...Ben and Tessa are at full day Vacation Bible School this morning! It's a preview of the school year!  I dropped them (and the six dozen cookies I volunteered to make like a clown) and then went grocery shopping with only two kids!  I loved me some VBS when I was a kid.  It used to be in the evening for five days in a row and was taught by moms and other involved adults who were assisted by teenagers.  Now they have a travelling Bible camp staff that makes the round every year and they run it with their snazzy and appealing programming. I'm not even sure what the theme is this year.  Usually it has something to do with the ocean, treasure hunting or fishing. 

Just for the heck of it, I just looked up some themes on the Internet and found these themes for 2018...I see boats, water and rivers.  I was pretty close.  


The only annoying thing about full day bible school is we have to send a packed lunch.  I'm guessing they will eat the chips and nothing else.  

We are heading into a heat wave where the color coded heat map showed us having white hot heat (the next level after red) over the next week.  It's already heating up out there.  I am so over sunscreen and wet towels and swimwear being strewn all over the place but I must endure for a few more weeks.  We've been swimming a lot this summer.  Calvin has even started enjoying the pool.  



This was from a few weeks ago but we took him last night and he loved it.  The water has really heated up from the sun and it felt like a bath tub.  

More swimming pics:




I took this picture to remember Tessa's crazy swimsuit mix-n-matching but I am putting it hear because of the bag.  That bag has gone everywhere with me this summer and when we were watching the kids' swimming lessons a few days ago it became infested with ants because I left a half eaten box of raisins in there for two weeks. That's an indication of my patience with summer.  

Swimming lessons is done.  Neither kid passed.  But they still got a certificate! And Swedish fish!  Which I had to restrain myself from eating!



Well, I'm off to enjoy my 1/2 as crazy morning with 1/2 of my kids.

No comments: